Thursday, February 24, 2011

Other pieces in progress

This is a piece that's constantly evolving... It started out as a visual commentary on the "Tatsulok" or the social pyramid with the rich on top and the poor on the bottom, but I want it to go more in the direction of triumph and it keeps falling apart so this one's on hold. It's made of wax and held together by toothpicks.



I let my whimsy take a breath every now and then, but it always runs away and fiddles with the gears in my cerebellum. That's how things like this come out. I also wanted to make a piece that can give people a glimpse of joy. I always liked flying and strenuous activity so I guess this was how it escaped. This is also bronze and it needs to be ground down until the finish is even.

Lalalala...



And this is the toothless version of Yorick. It's a study of the human skull I'm working on. I might end up doing a study of the facial muscles on top of this but I haven't been trained so figuring that part out should be an interesting challenge if I end up with free time.




Fun tiemz!

No comments:

Post a Comment