Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Drawing Group Sketches


Got my pencils back into figure drawing again. Posted above are two 20 minute poses with the Dupont Drawing group. I'm thankful that the group exists and that the Church of the Pilgrims allows us to use their space for a minimal fee. Getting out of the house to draw beats staying inside, attempting to draw, and then falling prey to a plethora of distractions, hence failing at the attempt to draw.

I still seem unsure of my value shifts as the range is still around heavy darks and lights. The figure's mass is also unclear from my renderings. Anatomy and proportion should also be reviewed. Seeing truthfully and drawing truthfully keeps becoming more of a daunting task than I expect it to be. However, it's an exciting kind of daunting and not the crippling sort, so the whole experience becomes a fantastic run!

Got the sketches critiqued by an art teacher, and hopefully, I can interpret the figure better next time.

Work is going well. The world is still revolving. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment